Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Coliseum - Parasites EP

A new release from Coliseum is always exciting, but I was particularily excited to see that my favourite Hot Snake, Rick Froberg had done the artwork. Not only that, J. Robbins of Jawbox was the producer, which is coincidental as I just posted their 1994 album. I love when awesome bands push the EP envelope by throwing in 8 songs instead of 4-6! I am currently having my first listen and it's rock-rolling me so hard that I don't think there's going to be much else on the listening roster today. These tunes are brash and full of mustard. Anyone who is currently into bands like Red Fang, Burning Love, Young Widows, and Fucked Up would likely have an appreciation for Coliseum. The first track actually reminds me of early Constantines, which is always good news. So how 'bout it? Today is the Parasites EP release date. Give it a listen, then give a further fuck with your credit card!!

stream it:
http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/album_stream_track_by_track_coliseums_parasites_ep
purchase:
http://www.shirtkiller.com/LiteCommerce/cart.php?target=category&category_id=255

No comments:

Post a Comment