Monday, November 14, 2011

Jawbox - For Your Own Special Sweetheart


(post-punk)

After listening to "For Your Own Special Sweetheart" for the first time in 2009, I was surprised to find out its release date was in 1994. I also wondered why I was hearing it a whopping fifteen years later. At first, I thought I might have been living under a rock, but then I considered my age. There's always something new to me that I've caught onto late. Better late than never!

What else can be said about a record such as this that can't be said about many other great albums from the 90's? It probably would not have been so underrated if it had more publicity. However, finding a gem like this is always very exciting to me. A cover of "Savory" can be heard on the Deftones' B-Sides and Rarities collection.

Here be a reunion video from 2010, on the Jimmy Fallon rock-roll show.

download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bnzlod0l9ld
purchase:
http://www.amazon.com/Your-Own-Special-Sweetheart/dp/B002RL1VYO/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1321246838&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment